Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hey peoples,

I just thought I'd update and share a little of whats been going on the last couple of week..well, probably mostly this week.
This week we had the Open Heaven's Conference. Got a little bit of time off of school..which was nice. The main speakers (besides Bill of course ;) were Jon and Carol Arnott..pastors from Toronto..I got really fed from the messages they taught. Jon and Carol shared their story about the revival that hit their church in 94 and how the Lord was showing them the importance of ongoing anointing. I love their heart...they were so humble and real. Before that time of refreshing they were going through a season of expectancy...They were just really hungry for revival..and during one of their services, Carol had this vision..Her first vision...and she was totally out of it for about 45 min..laying on her back and moving her arms and legs like she was running in her vision. This was new for her church...probably a little embarrasing to see the pastor's wife on the floor, her arms and legs going all over the place..But Jon just said, "leave her alone...she's not making this up..she's really experiencing something." It was interesting to hear that because even though Jon had no intention of disturbing her, the Lord told him that if he had interrupted that vision, their revival only lasted a couple of weeks..like some do...I don't know, I just thought that was neat. Her vision was really meaningful for her personally, but the part that was meant for the church was that He was coming soon...And Jon went on to read us the passage about the 10 virgins and the difference between them. 5 of them had extra oil and 5 of them ran out by the time the Bridegroom came. This related to the most important thing we can focus on as Christians is being filled to overflow with the Holy Spirit..no matter what it looks like...being so desperate for His presence. In the natural, we get full as we eat..in the spiritual, we get hungrier the more we taste. The other important part of what God said to Jon was the need to keep the message of the coming king alive. So many people get burnt out with that message...but it is so important to keep that alive in our hearts..He is coming.
There were other things he said that were very meaningful...like about the wisdom of God and how He interweaves that in His Word...One of the ways He does that is the hidden mysteries of prophetic acts in stories...One that I find really interesting is the story of how Moses struck the rock twice. When you look at it you can't help but feeling bad for Moses..I mean, I would have been frustrated too...all he did was strike the rock twice and all the sudden he's out of the promise land..You wonder what the significance of his act of disobedience was that made the Lord so upset...You may think this is over the top..but its something to think about...The rock represents Jesus (Jesus Christ, rock of ages..rock of our salvation..etc.), Moses' rod represented the cross..When he struck the rock twice, it represented puting Jesus back on the cross..(there is a scripture that talks about that..can't remember the reference.)..Moses, of course, represents the law...God never meant the law to be what we live by...Jesus paid the price once...and now, all we have to do is "speak to the rock." Ask..
Other stories..but the Bible is full of stories about prophetic acts and their significance..Its the Wisdom of God to hide a matter, and the glory of kings to search it out..

So, anyway..thats just some stuff I gleaned..It sounded more relevant when Jon was sharing it then it does in my writing..but oh well :) It meant something to me.

Its a crazy week coming up with the elections and stuff..Make sure you vote yes on Prop 4 and Prop 8..
I want to ask you guys to keep praying for financial provision for me ( for everyone as far as that goes)..I'm going to try and get a job with homecare this week. Pray that it works out. I still need to pay my tuition off and I have a mission trip coming up this next year. I don't know exactly where I'm going yet..I find out on the 9th of November..but I need financial provision for that as well. The mission trip is mandatory for graduation. So, if you could just keep that in your prayers I would be so grateful. Prayers are soo powerful in the kingdom of God..Its His children pulling on heaven and inviting Him to move on behalf of who and what we are praying for. So be encouraged..your prayers are effective..I received $200 in two days right before my rent was due..it was awesome..I know that my God hears.
Love you guys!

1 comment:

theriddlefam said...

More great stuff! :) It is definitely so easy to lose focus of His second coming. Forgetfulness can be a real stealthy thief. I think when it comes to fighting off the loss of focus, to remember "the end is near," it's super-important to have daily devotions with Him and in His Word. That's so simple to say, and we all "know" that, but when it comes down to it, sometimes we fall short and it's our loss, that's for sure.

Praying for you and abundant provision in all senses of the word! Love!